A glass nail file is a great tool in your beauty arsenal, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DIY manicurist. It gives you a neater, more even finish than a standard metal nail file, but it’s also gentler on your nails and helps keep them healthy and strong. Here’s how to use a glass nail file for the best possible mani.
How to shape your nails with glass?
If you’re looking for a glass nail file to help you achieve the best manicure possible, look no further than your local drugstore or beauty supply store. While many people believe that metal files are the only way to get a nice, even finish on your nails, glass nail files can give you a much better result. Here’s how to use a glass nail file for the best manicure:
- Start by trimming your nails with a regular nail clipper. If your nails are particularly long, you may want to use a nail file first to shorten them to a manageable length.
- Next, take your glass nail file and gently file each nail in one direction. Do not saw back and forth, as this can damage your nails.
- After you have filed your nails to the desired shape, it is time to start buffing. Use a coarse grit buffer at first and then work your way up to a finer grit buffer. This will help create a smooth surface on your nails.
- Finally, apply your favorite nail polish and enjoy your perfect manicure!
Advantages of using a glass nail file
Glass nail files are a better option than other types of files because they are smoother and won’t damage your nails as much. They are also easier to clean and can be sterilized if necessary. Glass nail files are also more durable and will last longer.
Glass nail files are sharper and last longer than emery boards. They also have other advantages:
- Glass files are much sharper than emery boards so that they can file your nails more smoothly and evenly.
- Glass files don’t wear down as quickly as emery boards, so they last longer.
- Glass files don’t fray as Emery boards do, so they are less likely to cause accidental cuts to your nails.
- It will not shatter like an emery board if you drop a glass nail file.
- Glass files can be cleaned with soap and water, which makes them hygiene.